On January 6, 2010, ISO New England discontinued the publication of Market Information Server (MIS) reports to customer's File Transfer Protocol (FTP) accounts. MIS reports are published only to customer's Secure FTP accounts.
Secure FTP is an enhanced security version of original FTP. It provides customers increased security in the transfer of MIS report files between the server and client.
All published MIS reports are available to customers on the FTP server for their specified report retention period. The Market Information Server Report Descriptions page lists each report type's specific retention period.
Yes. ISO New England has created one new Secure FTP account for each existing customer in the Customer and Asset Management System (CAMS) under MIS account information. Additional Secure FTP accounts can be created by each company's security administrator.
- Yes. Each customer's Secure FTP account has its own unique username and password. The username and password for FTP accounts does not work for Secure FTP accounts.
- Usernames and passwords are available in CAMS under MIS account information.
- Each company's security administrator can access MIS account information in CAMS.
- Customers must use a Secure FTP client to process file transfers.
- ISO New England has successfully tested FileZilla, a secure FTP client available as a free download at: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php.
- ISO New England does not recommend any specific Secure FTP client software, but will assist customers with establishing a connection to the Secure FTP server if necessary.
- The address has not changed. It remains ftp://misftp.iso-ne.com.
- When connecting to the Secure FTP server through the client, a specific "port" number of 22 must be entered.