External Transactions - Registration Requirements for OASIS, EES, and EIRThe following steps are required for certain transmission customers: those seeking to wheel energy through, import energy into, or export energy out of the New England Balancing Authority Area via the Real-Time Energy Market.
- Register for OASIS. See the New England OASIS website for registration and supporting information. (Look for the links in the upper left corner.)
- Submit the External Transmission Customer Contact form. This form is required to access the ISO's Enhanced Energy Scheduler (EES) software.
- Register for the Electric Industry Registry (EIR).
About OASIS, EES, and EIR
- OASIS is the Open Access Same-Time Information System—an electronic posting system that helps ensure that all transmission customers have timely access to transmission information that will enable them to obtain comparable, open access transmission service on a non-discriminatory basis. Examples of OASIS information include available transfer capability, transmission rates, and system conditions that may give rise to interruptions or curtailments.
- The EES facilitates a transmission customer's submittal of external transactions into the Real-Time Energy Market.
- The EIR is the central repository for information required to support commercial, scheduling, and transmission management operations in North America.
- Read the External Transactions FAQs.
- See "User Guide for External Transactions Using EES."
- Read "E-Tagging Procedures in New England" to learn how the ISO implements e-tagging under NERC INT Standards "Interchange Scheduling and Coordination."