You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Manage the Transmission and Generation outage coordination process as well as the Economic Analysis process to evaluate economic impact on outage coordination and the Forward Capacity Market for Long Term Outage Coordination. Work directly with our customers in providing a collaborative and cooperative approach to the scheduling of generation and transmission outages while striving to minimize reliability and economic impact. The ISO evaluates planned transmission equipment outages through either the long-term or short-term process and the Coordiantor will work directly with customers in providing a collaborative and cooperative approach to the scheduling of generation and transmission outages while striving to minimize reliability and economic impact.
- Perform reliability assessment and congestion impact analysis for outage requests and reviews and approve/deny transmission and generation outages
- Develop long term generator and transmission maintenance schedules in coordination with adjacent Reliability Coordinators, Local Control Centers, Transmission Owners and Resources to minimize reliability and economic impact
- Analyze as well as coordinate long term transmission outage requests with respective resource outage plans to achieve outage schedules that can be reliably implemented while striving to minimize overall congestion costs
- Receive and process long term transmission and generation outage requests in accordance with the requirements in ISO New England Operating Procedure #3 & #5 as well as applicable System Operating Procedures
- Use custom software to perform economic analysis and identify potential congestion costs resulting from various outage scenarios
- Conduct reliability studies and support projects related to Transmission and Generation Outage Coordination as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university or: 2 to 5 years' experience as an ISO or Satellite Operator or 8 to 10 years' experience in Operations or Engineering Support functions
- Concentration in power systems is highly desirable, understanding or experience in Economics is a plus
- Knowledge and assessment of the New England power system, ISO-NE Business Processes, Operating Procedures and Transmission Operating Guides
- Experience in utilizing complex software applications, especially ESCA Powerflow, CROW (Control Room Outage Window), Powerworld, PowerGem TARA, ORA and Probe Software, PTI PSSE Load Flow or similar tools
Experience in the following areas:
- Understanding of power flow and contingency analysis
- Leading and supporting peer meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Archiving and retrieving data
- Understanding of Economic concepts and analysis is preferred
- Beneficial, but not required: Professional Engineering license or NERC System Operator Certification
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.