You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England’s Human Resources department is looking for a dynamic and skilled Benefits Specialist to join its collaborative and dedicated team. The right person will Implement, communicate, and administer ISO’s health and welfare, retirement, and leave of absence benefits programs. Additionally, you will ensure that benefits programs and policies comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Work in conjunction with the benefits broker/consultant to develop recommendations for all benefits programs ensuring sound benefit plan designs that meet the company’s business needs and competitive benchmarks
- Ensure all benefit programs are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations including, but not limited to, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Affordable Care Act (ACA), Pension Protection Act (PPA), Internal Revenue Code, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Respond to advanced benefit inquiries from employees, providing appropriate counsel and guidance in their resolution
- Develop benefits policies and procedures; revise existing practices and procedures for improvements
- Provide counsel to employees regarding their rights and responsibilities under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other state leave programs
- Manage multiple benefit plan audits including defined contribution plan, defined benefit plans, and coordinate retirement plan and health and welfare non-discrimination testing and compliance activities
- File timely 5500’s and complete all other required filings and notices (e.g., PBGC, PCORI, SARS, SMMs)
- Maintain effective business relationship with pension actuaries, benefits providers, brokers, consultants and third parties who assist the Company in managing day-to-day operating issues
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field; Masters a plus
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation(s) preferred
- 10+ years progressive benefit administration experience
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information at all levels of the organization with discretion and confidence
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Ability to use time efficiently, demonstrate attention to detail/accuracy, and adapt to change/balance competing demands
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.