You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that attract, retain and reward employees at cost levels consistent with business goals, translating HR strategy and policies into tactical plans.
How You Will Make An Impact
Provide competitive compensation programs that attract, retain and reward employees at cost levels consistent with business goals.
- Administer the ISO-NE annual salary increase program, and the Annual and Long-Term Incentive Programs, including oversight of payments, required record keeping and budgeting as provided by these plans
- Manage the annual Performance Appraisal program, developing communications, coordinating training for appraisers with Enterprise Learning, and overseeing the administrative process
- Support the work of the Vice President, Human Resources and Senior Management for the Compensation and Human Resources Committee and the Board of Directors
- Facilitate the annual review of Executive Compensation by the Company’s compensation consultant. Work with the consultant to insure appropriate data for analysis and the completion of a bi-annual custom survey of the ISO industry
- Prepare analyses, reports, presentations and support documentation on a variety of topics for consideration by the Committee and the Board
- Ensure the timely preparation of materials for meetings
- Manage compensation benchmarking and job analysis. Participate in national and industry compensation surveys and source other survey data for appropriate benchmarking of ISO-NE jobs and incumbents. Secure custom compensation surveys when appropriate. Complete market benchmarking of ISO-NE job families as appropriate
- Assist managers in developing job descriptions as needed. Evaluate jobs and determine the appropriate market range for each position, based on survey data and internal equity. Work with department managers, HR Business Partners and the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition in determining appropriate compensation for job candidates and promotions
- Prepare a variety of compensation data and incentive plan costs for the Finance department’s use for tax filings, financial reports and general budgeting
Provide a suite of competitive benefit offerings that align with the Company’s short-and long-term goals.
Guide the work of the Benefits Specialist in:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Company’s benefits to provide benefits which are cost- effective, and which support the recruitment and retention of employees. Monitor cost trends and changes in best practices to best align ISO-NE programs with competitive practice. Recommend program changes based on this data
- Ensuring that vendor relationships are maintained to secure the best service and value to the Company and its employees. Resolve administrative and business issues that impact the effective administration of those benefits
- Consulting with outside benefits counsel to maintain benefit policies, plan documents, execute plan amendments and legal filings to ensure timely and accurate compliance. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws and recommend changes in benefits policies and practice as appropriate. Develop benefit information, statistics, and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management
Audit and Compliance Management
- Facilitate the work of the Human Resources Department in completing the various audits scheduled for the department each year. Serve as department liaison with outside auditors and the ISO-NE Internal Audit Department as appropriate. Typical audits include: year-end financials, incentive plan payments and accruals, executive compensation, benefit plans, the payroll and HRIS system, and other subjects as determined by the Internal Audit Department
- Maintain the Human Resources Business Continuity Plan, to meet the organization’s Human Resources needs in the event of a major business interruption. Serve as a first responder in such an event
- Assist management and employees regarding compensation and benefits policies and issues
Guide the work of the HRIS Supervisor in:
- Ensuring the accuracy of employee data in the HR Information System (Dayforce) and related applications that support the HR function and the organization’s strategies
- Representing the Human Resources Department on the ISO-NE NERC CIP Standards Committee, to address the security and cyber security standards for our industry as applicable to Human Resources, and to ensure the Company’s background check procedure is in compliance with all requirements
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration and/or related education/experience. Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in compensation management, at least five of which included benefits management and HRIS management. Experience must include executive compensation and incentive plans. Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding compensation and benefits, employment practices, personnel policies and procedures
- Proven track record in designing and delivering new programs
- Proven excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proven extremely strong analytical skills, as well as personal organizational skills
- Proven collaborative work style
- Experience working with and managing the work of external consultants and vendors
Desired Not Required
- Previous experience preparing materials for Boards of Directors
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.