You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Are you an engineer with an interest in markets, seeking to become part of a dynamic & impactful team that interacts across the entire organization? ISO New England’s Market Administration group is at the intersection of the wholesale market and transmission system, where members of the team utilize transmission system & market knowledge to administer and operate the ISO New England Wholesale Markets. Over the past three years, Market Administration has auctioned over $15 billion of energy, capacity and ancillary products across various wholesale markets. The open position is for the Monthly Market Operations area of Market Administration, which administers the Financial Transmission Rights, Forward Capacity Market reconfiguration auctions & Capacity Supply Obligation bilaterals, and Locational Forward Reserve markets.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Develop Financial Transmission Rights assumptions, run powerflow, prepare cases, execute and validate auction results
- Coordinate Forward Capacity Market auction & Capacity Supply Obligation bilateral inputs, execute processes and validate results
- Develop Locational Forward Reserve assumptions based on real-time reserve data, prepare cases, and execute & validate auction results
- Routinely update network models and savecases for impacted markets
- Support changes to Market Administration rules, processes & software changes
- Perform ad-hoc queries & analysis
- Provide training to internal and external stakeholders
- Respond to participant inquiries
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, Economics, Business, or equivalent work experience is required, with a preference for an Electrical Engineering degree
- Demonstrated ability to make quality decisions in a deadline driven production environment
- Excellent memory retention, recollection and recall
- Familiarity with databases, SQL & MS Excel
Associate - Senior Analyst
- General understanding of the ISO-NE control area transmission system
- Knowledge of wholesale electric markets and auctions
- 2 to 10 years relevant experience
- Work well as part of a team
- Support projects and other long-term initiatives
Lead - Principal Analyst
- In-depth understanding of the ISO-NE control area transmission system
- Comprehensive knowledge of wholesale electric markets and auctions
- 10 to 14+ years relevant experience, with 5+ years of direct market or operations experience
- Work independently as well as provide guidance to fellow team members
- Advanced project management, organizational and communication skills
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.