You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Manage efforts with the Outage Coordination and the Control Room personnel to determine reliable generation outage scheduling through a rolling two-year period. Generate reports utilized by market participants on situational awareness of capacity surplus and near term energy analysis to alleviate capacity and energy deficiencies throughout New England.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Serve as the initial ISO New England point of contact for outage coordination
- Collaborate with Generator Owners to receive generator reductions, limitations, and outage information
- Clarify all information related to outage requests and organize the processing of requests within the deadlines assigned in OP #5 and related SOPs
- Interpret and distribute generator reduction, limitation, and outage information to the appropriate internal personnel
- Forecast fuel adequacy to meet demand requirements based on the current make-up of the generation fleet, known retirements and other proposed changes
- Design graphs, charts, and explanatory content for inclusion to the seasonal energy analysis. Establish data standards, develop appropriate analytical methods, establish assessment criteria, develop and meet performance measures and ensure quality of results
- In coordination with the appropriate internal personnel, coordinate, create, communicate, and publish FERC/NERC/NPCC Season Assessments semi-annually
- In coordination with the appropriate operations personnel, coordinate, create, communicate, and publish the 21-Day Energy Assessment Forecast
What We Look For
- Bachelor of an Engineering Discipline or related field. Advanced Degree preferred
- 2+ years practical academic or industry work experience directly related to the development of modeling assumptions and the analysis of fuel source adequacy for the creation of electrical energy in the context of the current infrastructure, energy policies of various state or other regulatory agencies and impact on the cost of electricity in the wholesale market
- Interconnected Power System Operation, Economic Dispatch, Unit Commitment, Transmission Operations and Planning, Transmission System Dynamic Characteristics
- All phases of renewable energy systems from resource assessment up to and including interconnection issues
- Impact of energy policy on retirements and/or building of new electricity producing resources
- Wholesale Power Market Design and Operations
- Wholesale Gas Market and Operations
- State and federal energy regulation impact on electric and gas industry
- Bulk power system/resource adequacy transmission-constrained economic generation production simulation techniques and bulk power system loss-of-load calculation techniques and methodologies
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.