You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Build relationships with policymakers and regulators who are responsible for energy policy in New England to gain first-hand knowledge of their priorities and to be able to communicate the ISO's priorities and initiatives. Ideal candidate possesses strong writing and presentation-delivery skills and seeks to apply these skills as part of a government affairs team that operates in a rapidly changing energy landscape.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Develop and maintain an active network of legislative and executive branch staff and prepare timely briefing materials to keep ISO staff apprised of energy policy developments in assigned state(s)
- Identify opportunities to serve as an information resource to state officials on the ISO's core responsibilities (i.e., planning and operating the power system and administering the wholesale electricity markets), priorities and initiatives
- Collaborate with team members to prepare talking points, remarks, and presentations for use by the organization's representatives at external briefings and conferences, and develop a monthly issues memo for the New England states
- Support plans to provide timely communication to public officials during power system emergencies
- Organize tours and training opportunities for public officials, business and industry organizations, and academic groups
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy or related field
- Articulate, self-starter, task-oriented, stays on top of assignments, personable, relationship builder, team player, and an ability to work independently when needed
- Experience working in a state policy or regulatory environment- either as legislative staff, executive branch staff, or state agency staff involved in energy policy- preferably in New England
- Working knowledge of the electric industry and origins of the wholesale electricity markets
- A desire to work in a highly technical environment that is guided to a great extent by processes and procedures, and that is characterized by a culture of compliance to fulfill state and federal regulatory requirements
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.