You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Help protect the New England electric grid from cyber-attackers. The Cyber Security team at ISO New England defends critical infrastructure supporting bulk electric system operation from cyber security threats on a 24/7 basis. People applying for this position should be ready for fast-paced, dynamic engagement in keeping cyber-intrusion or attack from adversely affecting delivery of electric power in New England.
How you will make an impact
- Ensure cyber security functions are meeting business requirements. Coordinate cyber security efforts across the organization and prepare and present cyber security reports to management.
- Compliance Monitoring: Review and validate compliance event analysis and non-compliance investigations.
- Incident and Intrusion Monitoring and Response: Analyze and respond to complex security threats from Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Antivirus, Network Access Controls and other security threat data sources.
- Policy Development: Review and update Cyber Security Business Process and Procedures.
- Procedure Development: Identify, document and implement procedures supporting threat intelligence and event management practices.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Cyber Security or related fields or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in Cyber Security Preferred
- 10+ years of experience working with information systems and networks
- 7+ years information security related experience in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, vulnerability management or testing, intrusion detection or firewall administration
Desired, not required:
- Industry security certifications preferred, including Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, GSEC, GCED, GCIH or CCNA/CCNP Security
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.