You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England's Operational Performance, Training & Integration (OPTI) group is a highly responsive and flexible team, responsible for collaborating with internal and external entities to provide a full spectrum of support for the dynamic needs of the System Operations environment. The OPTI group is integral to the development of training, software, processes and procedures that ISO System Operators use to effectively manage and operate the bulk electric system. Also, through analysis of system performance during normal and abnormal conditions, the OPTI group develops recommendations for process, software, and human performance improvement.
How You Will Make An Impact
Operating Procedure Administration
- Coordinating with Operations staff for the development, revision, and maintenance of operating procedures, including ISO-NE Operating Procedures, Master/Local Control Center (MLCC) Procedures, System Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Control Room Operating Procedures (CROPs)
- Coordinating with Operations staff for the publication and distribution of approved operating procedures
Operations Analysis & Integration
Desired But Not Required
- Participating in all phases of the Systematic Approach to Training in support of the various OPTI Training programs, as assigned, including, but not limited to, ISO-NE System Operator Initial & Continuing Training, Operations Support Staff Training, Resource Operator OP-14 Training (ROOT), WEM-101, and ISO-101
- Designing and developing training materials using a variety of instructional media for use in a variety of settings, including simulation environments
- Implementing training in a variety of settings, including classrooms, computer-based settings, and simulation environments
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in, or supporting a control room environment
- Experience in the administrative processes related to management of operating procedures and documents
- Knowledge of the operation of the New England bulk power system, including knowledge of applicable Operating Procedures and processes, as well as an understanding of major system components and topology
- Knowledge of the use of System Operator software including one or more of the following: GE EMS, GE Market System Applications, ISO-NE Interchange Scheduling Software
- Demonstrated proficiency in analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training programs
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills presenting information to a diverse and technical audience
- Fast learner, detail oriented, is focused on continuous improvement of themselves and the System Operators that they support and has the desire to excel at the various roles required of this position
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.