You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Provide functional and technical expertise to Market Administration, Operations Forecasting, Control Room, Markets Monitoring & Mitigation and Outage Scheduling projects and assignments. Utilize both engineering and IT perspective to solutions and services provided by the EMS department.
*Paid On-Call Rotation
- Plan, coordinate, and perform complex technical assignments related to software applications in support of the Market Administration, Operations Forecasting, Markets Mitigation and Outage Scheduling
- Analyze, design, program, troubleshoot, recommend solutions, and implement fixes associated with Market Systems applications
- 24x7 support for Market Systems applications as needed
- Assist in the development of RFPs and evaluation of result
- Coordinate with consultants and vendors on project deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Market Systems Experience within the electric utility industry or Programming experience in Electric Utility Industry
- Expert knowledge or Working knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with LINUX, Windows XP, Oracle 11g
- Working knowledge with Java or Microsoft .Net and associated technologies such as J2EE/Web Technologies, Spring/Hibernate, Apache Struts/Microsoft Web frameworks, XML, JMS, TIBCO Business Works, Apache Ant etc
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a Team Lead
- Experience with the Alstom/GE Market Systems
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Project Management skills
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.