You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Provide expert level support for ISO New England’s IT infrastructure supporting the Energy Management Systems (EMS) responsible for the reliable operation of the New England electrical grid. Collaborating with management, this position will be the primary architect for the reliability deployments. This role will be required to effectively plan complex projects utilizing project management skills, be detailed oriented, provide exceptional documentation, and execute work following change management controls. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in regulated IT environments such as HIPPA, SOC, PCI, or CIP standards.
**Ideally onsite or mix of onsite and remote. Fully remote for the right candidate (periodic travel required for fully remote).
How You Will Make an Impact
- Provide infrastructure architecture by analyzing system requirements, recommending emerging technologies, diagraming and documenting proposed solutions, develop technology standards and deliver formal presentations to management
- Manage projects by developing bill of materials and costs, documenting project tasks and resource needs, lead project teams and inform management of project status and risks
- Deliver expert level configuration management for Linux and Storage infrastructure that ensures consistent system deployments that remain compliant with the NERC CIP standards
- Is a primary technical representative during audits, providing evidence and speaking to how the technical infrastructure is aligned with the CIP standards
- Provide the team energy to ensure success
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical customers
- Align project objectives with management’s strategic goals
- Champion new technologies
- Future proof solutions that minimize redundant effort
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent technical and communication skills, including a history of diagraming and documenting complex architectural concepts
- Project management experience as a technical lead that has provided guidance to less experienced team members, resulting in successful project execution
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) or equivalent experience in supporting Linux distributions
- Operational experience managing and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployments for critical SCADA systems
- History of working in critical 24x7 regulated environments
- Experience managing configuration using Ansible for Linux, Windows, EMC Storage and Cisco Network assets
Desired qualities include:
- Team leader with exceptional communication and collaboration skills including verbal, written, and visual
- Abstract thinker with the ability to creatively troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills who enjoys mentoring team members
- Action oriented individual who has attention to detail and cares about delivering the best possible solution
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.