You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to business units on generator interconnection, regional system planning, system operations, market implementation, and NERC/NPCC compliance (including cybersecurity)
- Develop changes to the ISO Tariff and related operating documents in cooperation with the Company’s experts, draft filings and expert testimony for submission to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Respond to challenges to ISO-proposed changes to its market design, as well as challenges to Tariff interpretations
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Three (3) to five (5) years of prior experience as an Attorney in a law firm, corporation or governmental agency
- Prior regulatory expertise to represent the Company in providing full-service representation to the system planning, system operations, and compliance functions
- Solid knowledge of energy/regulatory law and the structure of the utility industry
- Experience representing clients in energy markets and power systems
- Eligible for or licensed to practice law in the State of Massachusetts
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.