You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England (Company) seeks experienced regulatory counsel to provide legal and strategic advice on regulatory matters related to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), other agencies and courts, in support of Company initiatives to adapt its planning, markets and operations to an evolving energy landscape.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Provide strategic advice and legal counsel to business partners on system planning, system operation, and regulatory compliance matters, and to address rapidly changing state and federal energy policies. This includes: transmission planning process; interconnection/transmission/ancillary services; market implementation; and NERC/NPCC compliance (including cybersecurity)
- Work collaboratively with a team of Company experts on planning, operations and regulatory compliance initiatives, providing insight and guidance to experts on relevant FERC precedent and strategic feedback on stakeholder positions regarding such initiatives
- Support business partners in the regional stakeholder processes on planning, operations, and regulatory compliance initiatives
- Draft filings and expert testimony for submission to FERC in support of planning, operations, and regulatory compliance initiatives, respond to challenges to those initiatives, and advise on their implementation
- Advise and support business partners on the Company’s participation at FERC Technical Conferences, and draft comments and support related compliance initiatives stemming from FERC rulemakings
What We Are Looking For
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Eligible for or licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Excellent skills in written and oral presentation
- Demonstrated influential and collaborative experience
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of prior experience in federal energy regulatory practice as an Attorney in a law firm, corporation or governmental agency
- In-depth knowledge of the energy industry and energy/regulatory practice, including FERC/NERC procedures, to enable full-service representation of the Company’s system planning, system operations, and compliance functions
- Experience representing clients in wholesale energy markets, planning, and power systems operation
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.