Responsible for the performance of transmission planning studies, simulation of electric transmission system behavior, analysis of results, and development of recommendations to ensure the continued reliability and economic efficiency of the New England electric power system. This position provides technical and procedural leadership, coordination, and facilitation within ISO-NE and amongst stakeholders.
- Participate in efforts to ensure the continued reliability and economic efficiency of the New England electric power system by performing in transmission planning studies and system adequacy assessments, including proposing transmission alternatives and performance assessments of the transmission system; analyzing and preparing reports related to transmission system studies; and participating in the scoping, design, analysis and review associated with study efforts in support of ISO obligations described in the ISO Transmission, Markets & Services Tariff
- Perform analyses to support the regional stakeholder process, including NEPOOL, PAC, NESCOE and NECPUC
- Support of NPCC committees and regional transmission issues
- Analyze and/or develop data, assumptions, methodologies and procedures for use in studies
- Coordinate NERC/NPCC compliance planning issues
- Develop and recommend new business processes and planning procedures to the Manager, Area Transmission Planning. Provide leadership assistance in general Transmission Planning group administration
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4 years of experience in the field of electric power systems operations, modeling, assessment or planning, including experience in the following areas: application of NERC planning standards; working with economic concepts and analysis related to electric power systems operations; utilizing complex software applications, including PSS/E; utilizing Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel; leading and supporting meetings; writing and presenting reports; and archiving and retrieving data
- We will also accept a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of stated experience
Send resume to HR Business Partner, KK-CS, ISO New England, 1 Sullivan Rd, Holyoke MA 01040
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.