You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England is looking for an individual to successfully manage the life cycle of large corporate projects related to our three areas of responsibility:
- The day-to-day reliable operation of New England’s power grid
- Designing and running the region’s billion-dollar markets where wholesale electricity is bought and sold
- Conducting power system planning to ensure a reliable electricity supply in the region for generations to come
The wholesale power industry is constantly evolving as new technologies emerge and energy policies shift. Each year, the ISO takes on numerous large-scale projects, such as implementation of the latest advances in software and systems, that ensure the grid and wholesale power markets work efficiently and continuously yield reliable electricity at competitive prices. Our goal is to keep the lights on for the residents and businesses of New England, and every project counts.
As part of our project management department, you will lead teams composed of in-house subject matter experts in the definition, identification, development, and implementation of a project’s full life cycle. The role may be a senior-level position, depending on years of experience.
- Project management life cycle
- Establishing scope, charter, and budget
- Identifying and managing resources, priorities, risks and project schedule
- Maintaining, monitoring and tracking tasks, milestones, and deliverables
- Effective guidance and communication with project team
- Vendor management and liaison to include contract negotiations and change order management
- Developing communication plans and protocols
- Obtaining approval from and providing updates to project owners, upper management and a Change Management Committee on project progress and team performance
- Motivating and facilitating project teams to foster and encourage teamwork
- Providing feedback on team
- Managing and facilitating conflict with vendors, stakeholders, and project teams
- Managing and facilitating effective relationships amongst project stakeholders and team members
The Senior Project Manager must possess a strong desire to tackle and solve problems and the ability to skillfully lead and motivate cross-departmental teams to achieve the following:
- Charting a clear, consistent direction for the project and building a cohesive, productive team from disparate subgroups
- Defining a clear scope of work in an environment where requirements are changing, uncertain, or ambiguous
- Allowing the team members to focus on productive work by shielding them from unreasonable external demand
- Managing “external” environment to ensure a clear scope of work is presented to the project team
- Keeping the team intact in the face of a competitive market place
- Meeting and beating an aggressive budget and schedule
ISO New England offers extensive professional development opportunities, and our internal experts will guide you as you learn and participate in the critical work we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical engineering discipline is required
- Ten (10) years experience in project management for major technical projects in the power industry
- Experience leading and managing diverse technical teams
- Demonstrated experience with conflict resolution and successfully analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills
- Project management tools: scope definition and management, resource scheduling, milestones, dependencies
Professional Project Management Certification desirable.
ISO New EnglWork collaboratively with teammates and build relationships across departmentsand is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.