You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England (Company) seeks experienced regulatory counsel to provide legal and strategic advice on regulatory matters related to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), other agencies and courts, in support of Company initiatives to adapt its wholesale electricity markets to an evolving energy landscape.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to business partners on New England’s wholesale energy market design, market implementation issues and regulatory compliance, to address rapidly changing state and federal energy policies
- Work collaboratively with a team of Company experts on wholesale energy market design initiatives, providing guidance and insight to experts on relevant FERC precedent and strategic feedback on stakeholder and state/federal positions regarding such initiatives
- Support business partners in the regional stakeholder processes on wholesale market design and regulatory compliance initiatives
- Draft filings and expert testimony for submission to FERC in support of market design initiatives, respond to challenges to those initiatives, and advise on their implementation
- Advise and support business partners on the Company’s participation at FERC Technical Conferences, and draft comments and support related to compliance initiatives stemming from FERC rulemakings
What We Are Looking For
- Four (4) to seven (7) years of prior experience in federal energy regulatory practice as an Attorney in a law firm, corporation or governmental agency
- In-depth knowledge of the energy industry and energy/regulatory practice, including FERC procedures, to enable representation of the Company in the areas of market development, market operations, and compliance
- Preferable to have experience representing clients in matters related to wholesale energy markets
- Excellent skills in written and oral presentation
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Eligible for or licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.