You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Lead initiative to develop a flexible market simulation platform to be used for multiple departments within ISO New England. This role is part of our Business Architecture and Technology team, known internally as our ‘think tank.”
How You Will Make An Impact
- Design the overall architecture of the market simulation platform
- Lead and coordinate software development and integration
- Develop the test bed for the purpose of different internal studies
- Maintain the simulation platform
- Conduct various market simulation studies for both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical support on market design and operations
What We Look For
- Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or Computer Science
- 10+ years developing market clearing engine software for wholesale electricity market
- Deep knowledge of the electricity market operation
- Deep understanding of power system operations and analysis
- Strong modeling experience in power system optimization and algorithm design
- Experience in leading software development
- Proven project management skills
- Familiarity with programming and modeling languages such as Java, C++, Python, GAMS, AIMES. AMPL etc. is highly desirable
- Working experience with commercial optimization solvers such as CPLEX and GUROBI
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.