You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Current opening for a talented engineer experienced in Windows administration, scalable architectures, orchestration, and advanced problem solving. Primary responsibility is maintaining ISO New England’s critical infrastructure responsible for managing grid operations. In our highly collaborative environment we set our goal as best in class and look for team players with the same standards for themselves.
Paid on-call rotation where you will remotely respond to after-hours trouble or escalation calls from IT Operations Technicians or Security Operation Center Technicians, and report onsite if necessary.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Support, monitor, evaluate and enhance Windows Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security, scalability and availability.
- Design and implement automation and orchestration solutions.
- Design and implement efficiency and consolidation improvements across multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains.
- Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments that comply with industry standards.
- Participate in interactions with analysts and customers as a technical expert for product sub-systems driving improvements in their systems and our platforms.
- Deal with emerging and fluctuating priorities to ensure work is completed on time and on budget.
- Manage projects through all phases, from design through inception, inclusive of small to large teams and groups.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions.
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas.
- Implement correct measures to satisfy audits and support related initiatives
- Remain current with technologies and compliance standards ensuring current and future security, stability, and compliance are maintained.
- Actively participate in lifecycle management of documentation of Internal Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Atlassian’s Confluence product.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility and directly related work experience
- Proven debugging, root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2/2016/2019
- Knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Experience with Active Directory 2012/2016 in an enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Knowledge of automated configuration management and systems hardening
- Strong automation skills using Windows PowerShell or Ansible on Windows a plus
- Excellent technical skills as well as strong team orientation, collaboration and communication for internal and external constituents.
- History of planning, coordinating and executing IT initiatives, including those driven by compliance-related standards.
- Experience participating in and responding to internal and external audits
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Exchange 2016, Active Directory or SQL Server 2016 Certifications a plus.
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.