Access operating agreements between ISO New England and the operators of neighboring electric power systems in New York and Canada, and between the asset owners of certain interconnected transmission facilities in New England and Canada.
- The agreements between the ISO, Hydro-Québec TransÉnergie, and New England asset owners are provided below.
- The agreements between the ISO, New Brunswick System Operator, and New York Independent System Operator are contained in Attachment F of the ISO Tariff.
About Inter-Area Agreements
- Provide for the planning, operation, maintenance, and metering of interconnections (the connections between two electric power systems)
- Allow mutual assistance during emergencies
- Improve the reliability of power supplies through coordinated operations
- Enable the trading of capacity and energy between New England and its neighbors