ISO New England oversees the movement or transfer of energy within, into, out of, and through the New England Balancing Authority Area according to the ISO New England Inc. Transmission, Markets, and Services Tariff (the ISO Tariff). In support of this responsibility, certain types of transmission services are offered under Section II: Open Access Transmission Tariff (the OATT) to facilitate the movement of energy.
Initiating Transmission Service in New England
- Review the ISO OATT Business Practices Section 1—OATT Transmission Services Summary, ISO OATT Business Practices Section 2—RNS+T/Out Rates and Application, and Transmission Service Types and Applications documents. They will help you:
- Determine which form or forms of transmission service apply
- Learn how to apply for those transmission services
- Understand which section of the OATT details the related requirements and responsibilities
- Identify who can provide answers to your questions
- Transmission customers seeking to wheel energy through, import energy into, or export energy out of the New England Balancing Authority Area via the Real-Time Energy Market will need to access and use the Open Access Same-Time Information System (OASIS), Enhanced Energy Scheduler (EES) software, and Electric Industry Registry (EIR). Learn how.
Questions? Contact Customer Support.