Participants in the Forward Capacity Market must request permission for planned and maintenance outages taken by the following types of resources:
- Generators with a capacity supply obligation (CSO)
- Active demand capacity resources (ADCRs) with the ability to meet a CSO by 5 megawatts (MW) or more
- Resources backing import capacity resources
See Operating Procedure No. 5—Resource Maintenance and Outage Scheduling for details.
How to Submit an Outage
- Planned outage requests, maintenance outage requests, or overrun planned outage requests must be submitted through the Control Room Operations Window (CROW) outage scheduler or called into the generation coordinator. CROW is accessible on the SMD applications home page. A digital certificate is required to use the application. You must ask your security administrator for the ISO’s Customer and Assets Management System (CAMS) to assign you the appropriate user role.
- For active demand capacity resources, if an associated asset will have a scheduled curtailment (planned shutdown) or has had a forced curtailment (power outage), market participants can inform the ISO via the ISO’s Customer and Assets Management System accessible via the SMD applications home page. By doing so, the asset’s baseline accuracy can be preserved and the asset will receive the appropriate performance pursuant to the tariff.