Customers who participate in the ISO-administered markets must register their assets with ISO New England for settlement and other market-related purposes. If you are a new customer, you must initiate ISO customer registration before following the instructions below. All steps below must be completed by a person designated as the representative of the Lead Market Participant of the asset.
Register a New Generator Asset
Complete the Initial Generation Asset Registration Form. For assistance, reference the Generation Asset Registration Form User Guide. Please note: The ISO will only accept a new asset registration that has been reviewed and signed by the Lead Market Participant and the host participant assigned meter reader.
Submit the form via Ask ISO
- Generation assets can register as settlement only or modeled depending on the facility’s interconnection voltage and max net output. Follow the Generator Asset Registration Options Checklist to determine the correct registration choice.
Register a New Asset-Related Demand (ARD)
- Fill out the Initial Asset-Related Demand Asset Registration Form. For assistance, reference the Asset-Related Demand Asset Registration Form User Guide. Please note: The ISO will only accept a new asset registration that has been reviewed and signed by the Lead Market Participant and the host participant assigned meter reader.
- Submit the form via Ask ISO.
Register a New Alternative Technology Regulation Resource (ATRR)
Submit an issue via Ask ISO requesting ATRR assistance.
Register a New Demand Asset
Register Demand Assets through the Customer Asset Management System (CAMS). See the CAMS User Guide for Demand Asset and Demand Resource Maintenance for instructions.
Modify or Retire an Existing Generator or ARD Asset
- To transfer ownership of asset shares, initiate an asset registration electronically via the Customer Asset Management System (CAMS). See page 95 of the CAMS User Guide for Company and Affiliate Maintenance for additional instructions.
- For all other changes, submit an issue via Ask ISO, providing as much detail as possible regarding the change. Upon receipt of the issue, the ISO will provide instruction on how to process the requested change.
- To retire an asset, complete the Generator Retirement Checklist and attach to an Ask ISO issue.
- Once the checklist has been reviewed and approved by ISO, the Asset Registration Form will be created and attached to the Ask ISO issue for appropriate signatures.
- The ISO will only accept a request to retire an existing asset that has been reviewed and signed by the Lead Market Participant and the host participant assigned meter reader. Any changes to the composition of an existing ARD asset also require the host participant assigned meter reader’s signature.
- For modifications to an existing settlement-only generator that will result in an increase in generating capability equal to or greater than 5 megawatts, re-register the asset as a modeled generator asset. See the To Register a New Generator Asset section above.
Modify Contacts for Modeled Generator Assets
To change any of the contacts listed below, a person designated in CAMS as a representative of the generator asset’s Lead Market Participant should submit the request via Ask ISO.
- “Lead Participant” is the generator-asset-level contact who serves as the primary point of contact for the asset.
- “Market Monitoring, Primary” and “Market Monitoring, Secondary” are the generator-asset-level contacts notified in the event that an asset is subject to mitigation by the ISO’s Internal Market Monitor.
- “Long-Term Outage (LTO) Coordinator” is the generator-asset-level contact who coordinates, schedules, and communicates planned outages and testing for the generator asset. This contact will be viewed as the point person to receive information pertaining to the applicable generator, as well as forecasted transmission constraints.
Contacts for each asset can be viewed in CAMS by those granted the “Customer Asset Management System/External Generator Asset Viewer” application group role by their Security Administrator. Please refer to the Customer Asset Management System Application Group Roles user guide.